Sunday, July 15, 2007

Get To Know -01

Many "taste buddies" wrote to me that they are not familiar with many ingredients that are given here. So I thought I will give either the picture of the ingredient or some information about the ingredient which may be helpful for those who are not familiar with those ingredients. I am not sure about the availability. Probably the pics should help you to find out where it could be found out.

GTK for today:

Drumstick leaves: Botanical Name Moringa Olifera. Ben oil is extracted from the seeds of Drumstick - a vegetable. I learnt that it is also called horse raddish in some places in the West (can somebody confirm this?) . The bark, root, leaves, seeds, sap, seeds, oil and flowers are all used in traditional medicine.


Photos: .ifsp-srilanka.org; stuartxchange.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment